Alyssa JanneySound crazy? When is the last time anyone asked you TO drum? It seems we spend a lot of time telling our children to be still or quieter and when we do they engross themselves in video games or other volume controlled activities. Given that obesity seems to have reached epidemic levels in our youth in the USA, perhaps we should take a look at these "noisy" activities for the psycho-social and biological benefits. I'd like to hear your thoughts about this topic. If you'd like more information about healthy recreational music activities which benefit mind, body and spirit visit: www.remo.com/health
Valencia, CA - 8 yearss ago
Susan KlineI was a Director of a Senior Center for 3-1/2 years. I started a weekly drum circle after I had a facilitator come in and do a workshop. At first the seniors thought the idea was odd and they were shy about it. As the leader I encouraged each participant to take turns starting a rhythm. It was wonderful to see people gain confidence. We even got to perform at the community street fair. Boy were they proud of themselves!
Camp Hill, PA - 8 yearss ago
Conny JasperI've been an advocate and lover of drumming for many years. I believe in the power of drumming to heal. Even if one doesn't play the drum, listening to the the sound of it can be soothing and life changing. When I was going to the university for my Master's Degree, I did a paper on alternative healing for addictions. And drumming was one of the methods that I mentioned. Here's a great pdf article about healing addictions: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447805/pdf/0930647.pdf
Somerset, NJ - 7 yearss ago